Community Computing Centre
The Community Computing Centre on the Library's lower floor is our technology hub.
With your Library card, you can access a public computer for up to three hours per day (individual sessions are limited to one hour when others are waiting.) Guest passes are available for visitors.
Equipment & Software
The 22 PC workstations in the Community Computing Centre and two PC workstations in the adjacent Quiet Study room have the following applications, productivity tools and accessories:
- Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox
- MS Office: Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Network printer
The Group Study Booths have collaborative computing functionality. Each booth accommodates a group of up to 6 people. Plug your laptop or tablet into the monitors to:
- Share multiple screens of information from different sources, such as web pages, documents, sound and video clips
- Work collaboratively on a shared document
- Play computer games
Adaptors to connect devices to the monitors can be borrowed at the Community Computing Centre Desk.
The two workstations in the Multimedia Lab have special software and accessories. They are equipped with large screen monitors, webcams, hiqh quality scanners for digitization. The Lab also has audio recording equipment including 2 mics and a mixer.
- Talk with friends, family and colleagues on Skype
- Study English or learn another language using Mango Languages
- Take advantage of our Lynda.com online video tutorials to gain the skills you need
- Edit photos and manipulate images with Photoshop Extended
- Create a publication in Microsoft Publisher
- Make a screencast using Camtasia
- Draw freehand with a Wacom 'Bamboo' drawing tablet
We can adapt our computers to better suit your physical needs by offering you a variety of special features. Our staff at Information Desk can provide you with a high contrast keyboard, screen magnifier, ergonomic mouse, touchpad or trackball mouse.
We are here to guide you!
Whether you are coming in to email, need help with a document, would like to use our Multimedia Lab, or would like to know more about our collaborative computing equipment, our Digital Experience Team is here to help. Visit us in the Community Computing Centre, call us at 604.925.7405 or email email@example.com.
Learn new skills
On your own
Technology Classes, Clinics and Talks
Sign up for a hands-on computer class, get assistance with your mobile device at a tablet clinic, learn to use Skype or social media, or take home an iPad following our iPad Learn & Loan class. We offer programs from the basics to the latest technologies!